Website

Western Digital My DVR Expander Review: Store More of Your Favorite Shows

Western Digital My DVR Expander
If you find yourself saving more shows on your TiVo HD or TiVo Series3 HD DVR than you can possibly watch, it may be time to upgrade your dwindling storage space. Western Digital’s My DVR Expander hooks up to an HD TiVo box (sorry, TiVo Series 1 and Series 2 owners, your boxes lack the needed eSATA port) and promises 60 extra hours of HD (high-def) content or 300 extra hours of SD (standard-def) video on its 500GB specialized hard drive.

Out of the box, my system lacked the software update required to use the DVR Expander drive, so I downloaded version 9.2 from the TiVo Web site. I strongly suggest that you take the time to read your DVR’s instructions before connecting to the DVR Expander, because if you don’t follow the process step by step you may lose all your currently recorded programs. That said, connecting the two is simple enough, but unfortunately, removing the DVR Expander later will cause you to lose any saved programs. The unit reformats when paired with new device, meaning that you can’t use it to transfer video,

I hope that the DVR Expander will support more DVRs besides TiVo and Scientific Atlanta down the road. The unit is pricey, but if it’s nearly unlimited TV viewing you crave, then it doesn’t get any better than this

Western Digital My DVR Expander Review
Price: $199.99 list
Check This Out:

Ultra TravelDrive Review: Mini hard disk from Memorex

NetDisk Network Direct Attached Storage: An Unique Data Storage

Maxtor OneTouch 4 Mini: Disaster Recovery to Go

Emërtimet:

Comments on "Western Digital My DVR Expander Review: Store More of Your Favorite Shows"

 

Blogger Avcap DVR said ... (21 maj 2010 në 4:51 e paradites) : 

nice blog, good, this is good information for me u can also u know make post about H.264 DVR, Digital Video Recorder.

 

Anonymous best buy appliances said ... (11 gusht 2010 në 8:17 e pasdites) : 

Wow.. this is really an upgraded one. I would add this to my list of gadgets to buy this year!

 

post a comment




 


























.
   

Ngadgeti Home

Last Added

Advertise

Categories

Popular